Easy Zombie Makeup Tutorial
Essential zombie make-up supplies
To achieve the look outlined in this zombie makeup tutorial we recommend that you stock up on the following zombie make-up supplies:
- Makeup sponges and brushes
- Light coloured foundation (although you can also use non-shiny pale face powder or white face paint to achieve the same look)
- Matte black eye shadow
- Black eyeliner (ideally pencil eyeliner is better for shading but you can also use liquid eyeliner if you wish)
- Bruise Wheel, or Colored eye shadows and eyeliner (dark red, purple and black)
- Stage blood
- Water soluble red paint
- A plain white shirt
- Black nail varnish
- Dark coloured foundation
- Optional: either black trousers or a black skirt, black hair spray, coloured contact lenses
How to create the zombie look in 9 simple steps
- The first stage of creating your living undead look is to make your face appear as pale as possible. You can do so by applying your light-coloured foundation, pale non-shiny face powder or white face paint across your entire face, neck and any other areas that will be exposed by your outfit. Also make sure that you apply this foundation over your lips to make them appear suitably lifeless!
If you intend to wear contact lenses it is advised you put them in at this stage before you begin to shade in around your eyes. White contacts are great to achieve a lifeless Zombie stare.
Zombie Makeup Demonstration
For a practical demonstration on how to apply Zombie Makeup, the following video is a great example of how you can achieve a professional scary look in a short space of time. If you have time before your event, we recommend you practice once or twice.